Continuous straight lines
Uninterrupted perfection as far as the eye can see. Westport Shiplap Cladding is a stylish cedar cladding solution by Urbanline. Made exclusively with the finest-quality Western Red Cedar, Shiplap is naturally strong and breathtakingly beautiful – a genuine alternative to treated timber and fibre cement cladding solutions. Urbanline Westport Shiplap profiles are designed to overlap, which produces continuous clean lines for a seamless finish. Wesport Shiplap can be used both horizontally and vertically.
Take a look at our CAD files on 3D Warehouse
- Lightweight, but with the stability and durability of Western Red Cedar
- Naturally termite resistant
- Compatible with a variety of foundation conditions
- Can be fixed directly on to battens, or over existing wallboard
- Fixes to both timber and steel framework or substructures
- Available in Dressed Face, or Pre-finished (upon request)
- Features channel and sharp line effects
- Available in three standard widths and three standard thicknesses
- Features effective secret nail overlap
Product is ideal for
- Feature walls
- Half-height features in hallways
- Soffits and alfrescos
- Saunas and spas
- Gable features
PEFC Certification available on request
|Profile Code||Cover (mm)||Thickness (mm)||Max Spans (mm)||Applications|
|WSLI 82 x 9||82||9||450||Internal|
|WSLI 133 x 9||133||9||450||Internal|
|WSLS 82 x 12||82||12||600||Internal|
|WSLS 133 x 12||133||12||600||Internal|
|WSLE 82 x 18||82||18||600||Internal External|
|WSLE 133 x 18||133||18||600||Internal External|
|WSLE 181 x 18||181||18||600||Internal External|
Simple care for long life
It’s simple to protect the natural beauty and outstanding durability of Western Red Cedar. These are our top tips for product care so that you can enjoy the outstanding natural properties of Western Red Cedar for many years to come.
- Store Western Red Cedar in a clean, dry and cool place before installation.
- Cover boards completely with a plastic sheet or cloth to prevent fading, weather damage or uneven discolouration.
- Leave a space between stacks of boards and always move them with care.
- Always stack Cedar products off the ground on gluts or similar.
- Use breathable building paper behind external boards (to prevent sweating that causes mould).
- Seal the backs and ends of all boards to reduce contraction or movement from humidity or temperature changes. For external timbers, a coat of Cutek oil is best. All faces of Cedar product need to be sealed at time of installation.
For external applications, we recommend:
- silicone bronze nails (to blend in with the natural colour of the Cedar)
- hot dipped galvanised nails
- stainless steel nails
Tongue and groove profiles can be secret nailed (so nails are concealed by the next board), however external timbers must be face nailed to meet building recommendations. For weatherboards, chamfer boards and siding, keep nails away from the top edge of the previous board to prevent splitting.
- When applying timber to internal walls and ceilings, use an adhesive as well as standard fixings to help minimise movement.
- Use stainless steel or galvanised nails for any fixing, including alfresco, portico and verandah ceilings.
- For our internal panelling with tongue and groove profiles, use secret nailing to achieve a seamless finish.
- Oil and water-based coatings help protect your timber from the elements. For more, see our Coatings page.
- Use a soft, damp cloth for internal surfaces.
- Use a light pressure hose, standard broom or brush for external surfaces.
Please choose the profile(s) to add:
|WSLI 82 x 9
|WSLI 133 x 9
|WSLS 82 x 12
|WSLS 133 x 12
|WSLE 82 x 18
|WSLE 133 x 18
|WSLE 181 x 18
You do not have any items in your estimate basket.