Westport Ridge Clad
Diamond-standard precision and style
Daringly different. Urbanline Westport Ridge Clad, is sure to turn heads. This dynamic profile features bold, diamond-shaped ‘vees’, creating a fluted effect, which catches the light and produces outstanding shadows and highlights. Ridge Clad can be used horizontally or vertically and is available in two different overlap profiles and one tongue and groove profile – all in stunning Western Red Cedar. Westport Ridge Clad provides an opportunity to think outside the box and pre-empt new design trends.
Take a look at our CAD files on 3D Warehouse
- Tongue and groove profile is interchangeable with Urbanline ‘Castelation Combination’ profiles
- Overlap profile available in two thicknesses which have machined drip grooves for superior weather protection
- Can be painted or stained
- Excellent insulation qualities
- Can be teamed with bricks or render for a contemporary look
- Casts amazing shadow effects
Product is ideal for
- Overlap Profile
- Internal or external feature panels
- Commercial buildings
- Residential homes
- Tongue & Groove Profile
- Walls and ceilings
- Alfresco ceilings
- Kitchens or bars
- Commercial/retail spaces
PEFC Certification available on request
|Profile Code||Cover (mm)||Thickness (mm)||Max Spans (mm)||Order Options||Applications|
|WRC 81 x 26||81||26||600||Internal External|
|Greentag CertTM (GreenRate level A rating)||Greentag CertTM (LCARate Platinum Rating)|
|PEFC Certification available||Available in Hemlock (Run to order, 500L/M min quantity)|
|Pre-oiled (penetrating external oil) (Run to order, 500L/M min quantity)||Pre-primed (external undercoat) (Run to order, 500L/M min quantity)|
|Pre-finished (internal satin coating, Run to order, 500L/M min quantity)||Fingerjoint WRC (external) (Run to order, 500L/M min quantity)|
Simple care for long life
It’s simple to protect the natural beauty and outstanding durability of Western Red Cedar. These are our top tips for product care so that you can enjoy the outstanding natural properties of Western Red Cedar for many years to come.
- Store Western Red Cedar in a clean, dry and cool place before installation.
- Cover boards completely with a plastic sheet or cloth to prevent fading, weather damage or uneven discolouration.
- Leave a space between stacks of boards and always move them with care.
- Always stack Cedar products off the ground on gluts or similar.
- Use breathable building paper behind external boards (to prevent sweating that causes mould).
- Seal the backs and ends of all boards to reduce contraction or movement from humidity or temperature changes. For external timbers, a coat of Cutek oil is best. All faces of Cedar product need to be sealed at time of installation.
For external applications, we recommend:
- silicone bronze nails (to blend in with the natural colour of the Cedar)
- hot dipped galvanised nails
- stainless steel nails
Tongue and groove profiles can be secret nailed (so nails are concealed by the next board), however external timbers must be face nailed to meet building recommendations. For weatherboards, chamfer boards and siding, keep nails away from the top edge of the previous board to prevent splitting.
- When applying timber to internal walls and ceilings, use an adhesive as well as standard fixings to help minimise movement.
- Use stainless steel or galvanised nails for any fixing, including alfresco, portico and verandah ceilings.
- For our internal panelling with tongue and groove profiles, use secret nailing to achieve a seamless finish.
- Oil and water-based coatings help protect your timber from the elements. For more, see our Coatings page.
- Use a soft, damp cloth for internal surfaces.
- Use a light pressure hose, standard broom or brush for external surfaces.
Please choose the profile(s) to add:
|WRC 81 x 26
You do not have any items in your estimate basket.