The smart choice for marine decking
Urbanline Latitudes Marine Decking is a stunning composite with superior water and UV resistance that makes it the perfect product for use in building boardwalks, marinas, boat docks, jetties and other waterfront structures. A fantastic alternative to wood decking, Latitudes Marine Decking continues looking great and performing well years after real wood fades and begins to warp, split and rot.
Take a look at our CAD files on 3D Warehouse
- Maintenance free - Requires no oiling or painting over the life of the product – just keep it clean.
- High stability and durability - Using Strandex technology, every strand of wood fibre is encased in high-density polyethylene, for superior protection against UV and moisture.
- Water resistant - Wood fibres are encapsulated, allowing no opportunity for moisture ingress.
- High slip resistance - Excellent grip in wet and dry conditions. Tested: AS/NZS, 4586: 2004, Appendix A. Result: Class W.
- 10 Year Limited Warranty - Guaranteed quality and peace of mind.
- Exceptionally quiet underfoot - High-density constitution – excellent for insulating against noise intrusion.
- Installer friendly - Latitudes Decking is easy to cut, drill, shape and fix with standard woodworking tools.
- Versatile - Great alternative for use as a stair tread.
- Rot and pest resistant - Guaranteed not to rot, split, warp or check. Highly resistant to damage caused by termites and fungal decay.
- Thinking green - Latitudes Marine Decking is formulated with a mixture of virgin and recycled high-density polyethylene and wood dust, which promotes product longevity and environmental friendliness.
Product is ideal for
- Wet/pool/waterfront areas
- Heavy traffic areas
- Unsheltered areas
- Public and commercial areas
- Private boat docks
- Pedestrian bridges
- Parks and conservation landings/outlooks/footbridges
- Harsh environments
|Profile Code||Lineal Metre Per m2||Cover (mm)||Thickness (mm)||Max Spans (mm) Residential||Max Spans (mm) Commercial||Face Fix||Hidden Fastener||Lengths Available||Weight per m2||Load Test Available||Slip Rating Test|
|LM 138 x 32 LATITUDES MARINE BOARD||7.35||138||32||600||450 *||Y||N||5800||40kg||Y||CLASS-W|
* Joist spacing calculations and construction documents shall be prepared by a registered design professional to verify the suitability of the boards and supporting structure to resist necessary forces under varying environmental and physical conditions.
Urbanline Latitudes Marine Decking
Urbanline Latitudes Marine composite decking should be stored covered, flat and off the ground. Standard 5800mm long packs of Urbanline Latitudes™ require a minimum of eight gluts (supports) under the pack for proper storage.
Care & Maintenance Recommendations
Urbanline Latitudes Marine composite decking is virtually maintenance free, needing only periodic cleaning to keep it looking great.
Periodic washing with soap/detergent and water will help remove surface dirt. This will also help prevent the build-up of pollen, debris and spores that can cause and accelerate mould/mildew growth. Caution: A pressure washer should not be used to “blast” mould/mildew or soils from a deck surface. The abrasive nature of the water stream can potentially cause damage by driving the spores into the material, which may create a more challenging problem to remediate. A pressure washer with a fan-tipped nozzle should be used only to lightly wet or rinse wood or composite deck surfaces.
There are many deck wash and exterior cleaning products available at retail. It is important to make sure you use a cleaner specifically intended for your application. After selecting a product, be certain to read, understand and follow all instructions supplied by the manufacturer. Some cleaning products and inhibitors may be more effective than others, depending on the environmental conditions your deck is subjected to. Additionally, it is always a good idea to test the cleaner in a small, inconspicuous area prior to applying it to the entire deck.
Mould and Mildew
Urbanline Latitudes Marine composite decking has an antifungal agent added as part of the formulation. Mould or mildew will however, develop on any hard surface if foreign matter is allowed to build up. If this occurs we recommend that you wash down your deck using a mild solution of warm water and bleach. Make sure that you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for use and always test the solution on a non-prominent area of your deck first. You can use a pressure washer but do not position the nozzle any closer than 300mm to the deck surface as this may mark the surface of the deck.
The surface of Urbanline Latitudes Marine composite decking will conceal minor scratches. We recommend allowing normal wear marks to fade, as they will blend in with the weathered colour. Avoid dragging heavy items across the deck as this may gouge the deck surface.. Larger scratches can be removed by lightly sanding the face of the board or using a good wire brush. Please note that heavy sanding of your deck will mark the surface, although this will fade as it weathers.
Grime, Ground-in Dirt, Rust
In most cases, soap and water will maintain the appearance of Latitudes products. If grime, ground-in dirt or rust marks become a problem, use a cleaning product with an oxalic acid base.
The best method of preventing staining is to clean the area immediately a spill occurs, before it soaks into the cellulose fibre. The Urbanline Latitudes Marine composite decking surface will stain if oil, grease, wine, plant matter or rust is allowed to remain on the surface and penetrate the fibres. A strong solution of detergent and hot water, applied immediately after the spill has occurred, will remove most stains. Always test your cleaning solution in an out-of-the-way part of your deck to make sure that the solution will not bleach the colour out of your deck.
Painting or Staining
Urbanline Latitudes Duro composite decking does not require any painting or staining over the life of the product
Please choose the profile(s) to add:
|LM 138 x 32 LATITUDES MARINE BOARD
You do not have any items in your estimate basket.