External cladding and exterior timber wall panelling systems
You can’t go past external timber cladding for looks, functionality and protection.
- Adds warmth and natural appeal. Whether you’re building a new house or a commercial space, external timber cladding can’t be beaten for stylish street appeal.
- In-built durability. Exterior wood cladding offers protection and durability to ensure the long-lasting quality of your build.
- Choice of timber. Our exterior weatherboard cladding comes in a variety of species
- Design flexibility. Our huge range of external cladding options can cater for every exterior look. Whether you’re after depth, dimension or innovative lighting effects, we can meet your needs. Our standard range offers a huge number of options, including two-tone, rippled, overlapping and straight profiles.
For external timber cladding, Urbanline Architectural offers one of the largest ranges, combined with premium quality and full service that includes design and selection.
Filter search by or
External Cladding options
- Fire Rating
- Green Rating
- Thermally Modified Timber
A thermally modified cladding product that’s PEFC® accredited and guaranteed to withstand the harshest conditions.
Available in hardwoods, this cladding is a designer’s dream with eight, interchangeable and different-sized profiles.
The Best External Cladding Solutions, with the Greatest Range of Materials
For external timber cladding, Urbanline Architectural offers one of the largest ranges, combined with premium quality and full services including design and selection.
Add depth and individuality to your design with the elegance of external cladding. Alongside the incredible aesthetics, external wall cladding maintains the structural integrity of buildings, provides a layer of protection against harsh weather conditions, and acts as an insulator with a strong resistance to heat flow.
Prepare to be spoilt for choice, and enjoy the freedom of fully customisable construction.
Explore our wide range of cladding options and completely transform the exterior of your project. We use premium materials including:
- Composites: Durable, easy to install and a long-lasting high performer. A composite finish will provide the beauty of timber with next to no maintenance.
- Hardwoods: Choose from various species and colours to achieve a prestigious finish that will give depth and warmth to your exterior.
- Western Red Cedar: A timeless classic that offers a stunning finish. We can achieve seamless results with Western Red Cedar in many of our cladding profiles.
- Aluminium: A new, innovative cladding solution that looks like timber, but offers full fire protection.
External Cladding FAQs
What is external cladding?
External cladding acts as an additional protective layer for your home, whilst also aesthetically improving the look and feel of your house. It is applied to the exterior of your home, is non-loadbearing and helps protect your home against the environment and weather.
What timber is best for external cladding?
Western Red Cedar is often referred to as the best timber for external cladding, due to its durable nature, versatile design options, and ease to work with. Outside of our composite cladding options, at Urbanline we are avid users of Western Red Cedar for our external cladding projects and recommend it highly.
Can I use softwood cladding outside?
Softwoods can definitely be used for exterior cladding outside, with Western Red Cedar being one of our most popular external cladding options, which is a softwood timber.
How to install external timber cladding
External timber cladding can be installed in 10 steps, however, should be handled by builders, installers, specifiers, or competent handymen. These steps include:
- Apply building wrap
- Batten over the building wrap
- Create a gap to let moisture out
- Check your cladding before applying
- Seal the back face
- Install the cladding
- Apply fixings
- Apply joins
- Finish wall ends, corners doors and windows
- Preserve your exterior cladding timber
For the detailed external timber cladding installation guide, with expert tips and advice, download the below guide:
What is cheaper bricks or cladding?
External cladding is often a more affordable option when compared to bricking and can also be a faster installation process.
Is planning permission required for external cladding?
For residential applications in Australia, permission would not be required for replacing external cladding, however for major projects such as commercial jobs, planning permission would most likely be needed.